2019 Fall District Council Meeting
September 21, 2019
At our semi-annual Business Meeting, we will be voting to approve the:
Club Presidents, Vice Presidents of Education, and District Executive Committee members get one vote each. Per Toastmasters International policy, the Fall Business Meeting will be conducted virtually.
Voting members MUST register by 12:00 PM on Friday, September 20 in order to receive a ballot emailed to them. Those who register after that time may attend the meeting but will not be able to vote.
Registration Link (voting members have received a special invitation from our Credentials Chair, Francoise Muller).
Meeting documents will be sent to those who have registered to attend.
Our district budget has been created with guidance and special training from Toastmasters International World Headquarters and was given preliminary approval by their Finance Team (click here for a sample District Budget Success Guide). Delegates may request a detailed breakdown of the summary by emailing the District Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 48 hours prior to the virtual business meeting, in this case by 10:00 AM on Thursday, September 19.
- Quorum is required to approve any of the above items of business, which means 1/3 of eligible club votes must be represented. If quorum is not met at the meeting, there will be an additional online voting period post-meeting in which we will seek quorum.
- Because the voting process will be conducted virtually, no proxy is permitted. Each District Council member must cast their own vote. District Executive Committee members are entitled to one vote and may cast up to one additional vote as a club President or Vice President of Education of their own club.
- Any new motions to come before the council must be presented in writing or by email to the District Director (email@example.com) one week prior to the virtual business meeting. In this case, by 10:00 AM on Saturday, September 14.
Virtual Conference Room Login Instructions
(1a) JOIN THE MEETING VIA COMPUTER
- We highly recommend that you download the FreeConferenceCall app or software on the computer or smartphone you will be using for the meeting ahead of time.
- Please type in your full name when prompted.
- Click the “Audio Preferences” button to enable the audio on your computer.
- All participants will be automatically muted when they join.
(1b) JOIN THE MEETING VIA PHONE
- As a backup option, you may dial (712) 775-7031 and enter Conference ID 900107# (additional charges may apply depending on your cell phone provider)
- You will primarily be in listen-only mode, and your name will not appear to the Moderator.
(2) HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS
- When the Chair invites discussion, type into the group chat.
- You will be recognized and unmuted by the Moderator, then muted again.
(3) HOW TO VOTE
- Election Buddy will be used to conduct voting during the virtual meeting.
- You will receive one email sent for each item we’re voting on. The email you receive will contain a unique code. Do not forward this email to others. When prompted, the password is d101tm (case-sensitive). Only those who have registered on Wufoo by 12:00 PM on Friday, September 20 will receive a link to vote via email.
- If you have any questions with respect to the online voting, please email D101 Parliamentarian at firstname.lastname@example.org